Workplace Safety Solutions Ltd have only recently re-established themselves in the marketplace as a leading provider of structured Commercial Driver Training services based on Australian, New Zealand and ISO International Standards.
Our highly skilled people come from many years of experience working with industry specialists.
We can be Depended upon to ensure the job gets done and we offer a prompt and efficient service.
We can be Flexible, training can be delivered 24 / 7 your place or ours.
We are Quality Assured; we ensure your courses are assessed against pre-moderated NZQA unit standards ensuring your training is part of the national Qualification Framework. Our trainers and assessors have proven industry credibility – they know what they are talking about.
We are easily contactable; our friendly staff can assist you on any training related matter or will put you in contact with someone who can.
Beau Maru – Business Owner & Head Trainer
Beau Maru has 45 years of experience in the industry – his knowledge and skills reflect this in his successful Driver Training business.
23 years working as an employee and an owner operator – contracted to move Live Stock, Bulk, Log and General Freight as well as Forest Earthworks, his practical experience speaks for itself.
A lifetime ambition for Beau was to experience truck driving throughout the USA and Canada, he managed to fulfill this, having been an interstate driver delivering freight for a year.
His extensive practical experience has allowed him to share his skills and knowledge as a Transport Training provider. Throughout the 15 years, Beau has been fortunate enough to have worked in a consultancy role for the following:
Phu Bia Mining Ltd, Laos:
- Overseeing Transport Training & Safety,
- Implementing Safety procedures & combination vehicle training for copper concentrate haulage,
- Development of training materials & resources,
- Supervising combination vehicle maintenance,
- Technical specification advisor of truck and trailers,
- Road safety co-ordinating heavy haulage movements,
- Implementing heavy combination vehicle safety standards,
- Road construction maintenance advisor.
Papua New Guinea:
- Oil & Gas Logistics Operations Consultant responsible for on-site heavy haulage transport,
- Conducting audits for transport operators to determine training needs,
- Introduce programs and training mechanisms to meet the shortfall of skills & systems where the transport operators required,
- Ensure ex patriot trainers identify, mentor and train PNG citizens to fill expatriate positions,
- Ensure training meets customer expectations and international standards.
Fiji Water, Fiji:
- Ensure transport training meets customer expectations and international standards.
- Driver Training Development of fuel efficiency heavy motor vehicle training systems.
- Driver Training introduction of the first 50,000 litre B Double fuel tankers.
Cable Price NZ:
- Develop training literature and commission buses to stage coach NZ,
- Scania post delivery truck training,
- Cable Price driver license provider NI branches.
Beau is accredited to deliver the following:
- ICAM Accident investigations,
- MITO Work place assessor (NZ Road Transport Industry Training, NZQA Registered) ,
- Scania Driver Training Development Asia,
- Competenz OSH Accredited Forklift assessor
- Land transport NZ Registered Provider for driver license endorsements
- Classes 2,3,4,5
- F – Forklift
- TWR – Tracks, Wheels & Roller
- Workplace training programs:
- National Certificate Goods Service, Log Truck Driver,
- Heavy Rigid Vehicle, Heavy Combination Vehicle,
- Over-Dimensional Off-Highway Log Combination Vehicles,
- Light Motor Vehicles 4×4
- Road Ranger Non-synchromesh gearbox
- Civil Plant
- Back to work Rehabilitation programs