We are open and operating under COVID-19 Alert Level 2. We will be running our regular courses while taking all precautions in line with government recommendations.
To develop a Class 2 Vehicle operator that will have the knowledge, skills and attributes for all essential areas of the units of competency covered in the Class 2 Vehicle Course undertaken, enabling the individual to drive effectively and safely.
All our courses include morning and/or afternoon tea. Plus, we have the ability to be flexible around your working environment – we can come to your workplace to train your staff!
• You must hold your Class 2 Learner License before attending the course.
• Definition – Class 2 vehicle: Any rigid vehicle (including any tractor) with a Gross Laden Weight (GLW) of more than 6,000kg but less than 18,001kg.
• Unit Standard 24089 must be included for all heavy trade licences unless you have qualified on this unit standard within a 12-month period.
• Where a trainee has been assessed as competent for the licence class, an approved NZTA certificate is issued for the competency assessed. This is not a licence. You must take this to an NZTA licencing agent (VTNZ or AA) and have it put on your licence.
• Licence endorsements or medical costs are not included in course fees.
• Course costs include NZQA Credit Fees.
This is a competency-based course, ALL pre-learn material MUST be completed prior to attending.
Competency must be met to achieve endorsement.