Driver Licence Class 2 – Any rigid vehicle (including any tractor) with a Gross Laden Weight (GLW) of more than 6,000kg but less than 18,001kg.
This course is theory training and a practical drive assessment only, therefore, you MUST be able to operate a Class 2 vehicle competently. You must hold your Class 2 Learner License and have some driving experience on NZ Roads before attending our course.
To develop a Class 2 Vehicle operator that will have the knowledge, skills and attributes for all essential areas of the units of competency covered in the Class 2 Vehicle Course undertaken, enabling the individual to drive effectively and safely.
- The trainees will undergo formal in class training, off site or on site, in unit standard 17574 and 24089 prior to being assessed.
- A practical drive assessment of 45 to 60 minutes (per trainee) completes the training and assessments.
- The number of days required depends on skills demonstrated and prior training.
Unit Standards Achieved
- 17574 – Operate a motor vehicle to meet the requirements for a full class 2 driver’s licence
- 24089 – Demonstrate knowledge of fatigue management, work time, and driver logbook requirements
- Unit Standard 24089 must be included for all heavy trade licences unless you have qualified on this unit standard within a 12-month period.
Additional Driver Training
- If you do not have ANY practical driving experience of a Class 2 vehicle, please refer to the Class 2 Time Reduction Practical Training and Assessment Truck Licensing Course.
- An approved NZTA certificate is issued for the competency assessed. This is not a licence, you must take this to an NZTA licencing agent (VTNZ or AA) and have it put on your licence.
- Licence endorsement fees are not included in course fees.
- Where the client requires the units to be registered with NZQA a credit charge of $6.00 per credit will apply.
Trainee Numbers: Minimum of 1, Maximum of 5 per trainer
Course Costs: $747.50 exclusive of GST ($859.63 incl. GST)
Additional Training Costs: $160.00 exclusive of GST per hour ($184.00 incl. GST)
Onsite undercover facilities, Offsite training available
Use the form below to make an enquiry or give us a call on 07 347 0525 for further information.
What our students have to say:
“As a trainer working in the adult education industry, it was refreshing to meet someone who takes the time to give traineees relevant tips for practical operating.”
“I found the provider to be more than competent and, most importantly, delivers what the is promised in the course. Well done!”
“Good tutor – Made the course interesting and fun!”