If you drive a special‐type vehicle that isn’t a forklift on the road, you must have a W, T or R
endorsement on your driver license.
The trainees will undergo formal in class assessment in association with the unit standard/s followed by a short practical assessment drive on the special‐type vehicle.
Note: This is a driver’s license endorsement to allow you to drive the special purpose vehicle on a ‘road’ as defined by New Zealand Transport Agency. This is not an operator course.
Unit Standards Achieved
- 16701 ‐ Demonstrate knowledge and skills for driving on a road for Endorsement W (wheels)
- 16703 ‐ Demonstrate knowledge and skills for driving on a road for Endorsement T (tracks)
- 16702 ‐ Demonstrate knowledge and skills for driving on a road for Endorsement R (rollers)
You must also hold the appropriate full class of license that covers the weight of the special‐type vehicle you want to drive.
Where a trainee has been assessed as competent for the license class an approved NZTA certificate is issued for the competency assessed. This is not a license. You must take this to an NZTA licensing agent (VTNZ or AA) and have it put on your license.
Trainee Numbers: 3-10 Maximum
Duration: 4 Hours – Subject to skill level
Course Costs: $368.00 inclusive of GST
- This does not include the NZTA $44.00 (Incl GST) per Licence endorsement fee.
- Where the client requires the units to be registered with NZQA a credit charge of $6.00 per credit will apply.
Onsite undercover facilities, Offsite training available
Use the form below to make an enquiry or give us a call on 07 347 0525 for further information.
What our students have to say:
“As a trainer working in the adult education industry, it was refreshing to meet someone who takes the time to give traineees relevant tips for practical operating.”
“I found the provider to be more than competent and, most importantly, delivers what the is promised in the course. Well done!”
“Good tutor – Made the course interesting and fun!”